- The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry reported late Saturday afternoon, May 30 that a 15.8 hectare fire two kilometres north of Belle Vallee is under control.
- The fire, known as Kirkland Lake 1, was the largest of three fires burning in Northeastern Ontario.
- Wawa 2 is being observed at 0.3 of a hectare. It is located on the south shore of Dodds Lake at the north end of Lake Superior Provincial Park.
- North Bay 3 is being observed at 1 hectare. It is located on an island on Wicksteed Lake.
- Kirkland Lake 1, located approximately 2 km north of Belle Vallée, is under control at 15.8 hectares.
- The fire hazard is generally low across the Northeast Region.
- To see the fire hazard near you, consult the interactive fire map at Ontario.ca/forestfire.
Fire north of Belle Vallee under control was last modified: May 31st, 2020 by